Lord of the Rings RP Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Free Lord of the Rings Forum Roleplay

Welcome to the forums, enjoy your stay and tell your friends!
Check out the new character sheets! It's is currently in beta, go to the feedback section for questions and comments!
Join us in chat! Click "Login" in the chat box window above the forum categories!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Preparation for the Retaking of Osgiliath

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Preparation for the Retaking of Osgiliath Empty Preparation for the Retaking of Osgiliath Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:26 pm

Elendil

Elendil
RP Grandmaster
RP Grandmaster

Elendil stares out the balcony of his throne room. He has the perfect view of the city below him. The Gondorian Army is mobilizing for the assault on Osgiliath. Thousands are frantically forming their ranks. Just then, Gudrun walks in. "Elendil... what are you planning?" "I am planning to re-take the city of Osgiliath from Mordor... the city will serve as a focal point in our war against Mordor..." Just then, he pierces his gaze to the gritty wasteland of Mordor. Gudrun hugs Elendil closely. "Please be careful... I do not wish any ill upon you..." "Don't worry my love... I will come back victorious... till' then... watch over the city." Gudrun bows her head. "Yes my love... I won't fail you." Elendil kisses Gudrun one last time before grabbing his sword, Nasil, and his bow, Basill. He then proceeded out of the long corridor with unending determination in his heart and eyes...

http://www.imperialmovement.com/forums/index.php

Vraal

Vraal
RP Grandmaster
RP Grandmaster

A heavy smoke hung thick in the air over the city of Osgiliath. The signs of war lay strewn about the streets. Discarded swords from enemies long since burned away. The Uruk-Hai captain patrolled the streets looking for something that was out of place. He heard footsteps, someone was running towards him. He unsheathed his sword and prepared for his attacker. Around the corner came a Uruk-Hai runner. "What news?" Asked the captain. "Captain, our scouts have spotted the Gondorian army. They are mobilizing and are heading in this direction." "They must be attempting to take back the city." The captain replied, mostly to himself. "Alert the soldiers. I want everyone prepared to fight, also send a runner to Mordor. We are going to need more troops."

Vraal could smell it. The smell of brimstone, the constant red din of exposed lava flows. He was home, and he was as close to he could be to happy. He stood before the black gate and unleashed a yell the likes of which would have had a human jumping out of his skin. The gate opened, wide enough for him and his men to walk through. As he walked through on the other side a massive host was forming. Vraal hadn't expected a welcome so this was quite surprising to him. He approached a Uruk-Hai captain. "What's this?" "We are forming our troops and marching to Osgiliath" Vraal grinned. "I see we made it back just in time."

Elendil

Elendil
RP Grandmaster
RP Grandmaster

Elendil approaches his Guard Captain Beregond. "How goes the men... are they ready for the march towards Osgiliath? "Yes mi'lord we are... we await your command to march..." Elendil, for a brief second, catches a glimpse of what seemed as an Uruk-Hai frantically moving about. "I see they know of our coming assault..." "Ready the men... we march for Osgiliath..." Elendil mounts his horse and with an eagerness about him, rides off with his entire army...

(See Gondor Army thread in Military Info. board for numbers info.)

Vraal

Vraal
RP Grandmaster
RP Grandmaster

Vraal eyed the massive host as it marched through the now wide open black gates of Mordor. He couldn't help but chuckle. The thought of the slaughter that was soon to come was nothing but amusing to him. He wondered how many men the humans would send. He wondered if the host they had would be enough. Granted, he knew it took more men to assault a city than it did to defend one. He didn't like the odds either way. He felt uneasy but shook off the feeling in an instant.

The march was long, not tiring, as he was an Uruk-Hai, but boring none the less. The host arrived at the ruined city and instantly began preperations for its defense.

The sound of the forge rang off the decayed walls of the once grand city as Vraal wandered through the streets. He couldn't stand cities. Even though he hardly considered this pile of rubble a city. He spat on the ground in disgust. "These humans can have this trash heap back in my opinion." Vraal thought to himself. He knew however, the importance of this spot. It was a key tactical advantage, and he knew they must hold it. He just wondered if they could.

Elendil

Elendil
RP Grandmaster
RP Grandmaster

Elendil saw the city coming closer as they marched on the dirt-filled ground. His army was eager to kill some Uruk-Hai and Orcs. They had been training for the coming battle for weeks and were ready for the fight to come. Hours later, they had reached the forefront of the city. Mordor had prepared defenses as they saw stakes protruding from the ground.

Elendil turned to his men. He gazed at his city, which was safe from the coming danger. "Brothers... we fight today... for the protection of our families and our kingdom. We fight for the glory of Gondor!" Elendil points at one of the banners of Gondor. " Do you see that white tree? It is a symbol of hope for our kingdom in these dark days! I ask each and every one of you... fight to the death... fight to save our people as if your life depended on it! Men... my brothers... We fight for the glory of Gondor!" The army yells in admiration of the Stewards speech, the sound piercing through the cold air. Elendil then divides his forces to attack each side if the city. They march in formation. surrounding the grim city...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum