Lord of the Rings RP Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Free Lord of the Rings Forum Roleplay

Welcome to the forums, enjoy your stay and tell your friends!
Check out the new character sheets! It's is currently in beta, go to the feedback section for questions and comments!
Join us in chat! Click "Login" in the chat box window above the forum categories!

You are not connected. Please login or register

The road to Osgilliath

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The road to Osgilliath Empty The road to Osgilliath Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:51 pm

Eluthain

Eluthain
Initiate
Initiate

Eluthain inspected his men he stood in front of a veteran and said 'Whats your name?' 'Tristan, sir though people call me Galf' Eluthain nodded 'You have promise, you'll be my second' Galf was shocked 'What?' But Eluthain continued. 'Men! We are to travel towards Osgilliath. However, we'll not go via the Pellenor Fields but via the Anduin river' He looked over his men and said 'Move out!'

An hour has passed and they were close to the Anduin. 'Galf! Get here' He ordered 'Yes sir?' 'Take ten men and scout ahead' The veteran nodded and moved along 'The rest of you, follow me'...

2The road to Osgilliath Empty Re: The road to Osgilliath Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:06 am

Eluthain

Eluthain
Initiate
Initiate

After half an hour Galf returned 'Sir, there is a safe passage just further up this road' 'Good job Galf' Said Eluthain with a smile 'Lets go'.

The passage was small and very hard to maneuver in yet the orcs had not discovered this passage. 'I want ten men with me, Galf take twenty, the rest stays here. Keep yourself covered. Codeword is Ath Anuïn' The men nodded and everyone took their position. 'Galf, see that hill?' 'Yes sir, what of it?' Eluthain grinned 'Take five men up there to scout our surroundings, copy?' 'Yes sir' Galf ordered five men to come with him.

minutes later he came back 'Now what?' Eluthain was thinking 'Now? Now we move again' The company of fifteen men moved silently as a bird flying.

'Ugh, what is that stench?' One of the men said 'Did someone die here?' Eluthains eyes were wide open he saw bodies everywhere in the forest, not orcs but men. In total there were a good twenty bodies, decaying. 'We are close... I only want five men with me' Galf argued 'But sir, what if you get ambushed?' Eluthain touched his temple and replied 'Go back to Minas Tirith, go see Elendil. Tell him Osgilliath has fallen' Galf nodded 'But what about you?' Eluthain sighed 'If i'm not back in two days then presume i'm dead' Galf nodded 'It was an honor' Eluthain smiled 'I'm not dead yet' Galf and Eluthain chuckled.

As Galf and the rest of the men left, only Eluthain and his five men strong squad were left alone to scout Osgilliath. 'Men, stay quiet. Not a single word or we'll be discovered' The men moved in absolute silence, using handsignals.

After a good fifteen minutes of scouting one of the men used a handsignal to say that he spotted orcs, twelve in total.
Eluthain replied with 'Engage at will, but use a stealthy approach'. Within seconds arrows flew everywhere without the orcs even knowing who killed them. The stench of rotting flesh became harder and harder and... Here they were, Osgilliath.

Crows were flying all over the city, picking the flesh of the dead. On the walls there were pikes with Gondorian heads 'Damn, we're too late' Eluthain thought. He then used handsignals to say that they were going back to the white city...

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum