Free Lord of the Rings Forum Roleplay

Welcome to the forums, enjoy your stay and tell your friends!
Check out the new character sheets! It's is currently in beta, go to the feedback section for questions and comments!
Join us in chat! Click "Login" in the chat box window above the forum categories!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Creature in the sky

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Creature in the sky on Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:55 pm

Vraal

RP Grandmaster
RP Grandmaster
The fell beast's wings beat with the power of a fierce storm, rising high in the air above Mordor. The Nazgûl on it's back gazing over the landscape. Flying was the only way to travel in this world, the Nazgûl thought to himself. He flew on. The wind whipping at his cloak, black as the night. Looking down, he could see the once grand city of Osgiliath, and the great Mordor host that was there, fighting the Gondorians. Or, as it would seem, marching back to Mordor victorious. But the fell beast flew on, over the city. It flew ever higher, and in the distance the Nazgûl could see his target. Minas Tirith. As the fell beast approached it let out a mighty screech that could be heard for miles. As he looked down into the city of Minas Tirith the Nazûl knew he was be sending panic through the people. That was his goal. Terror. He flew high over the city, out of the range of any weapons, and the fell beast screeched on.

View user profile

2 Re: Creature in the sky on Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:43 am

Elendil

RP Grandmaster
RP Grandmaster
Elendil awoke with a start. He heard the screeching like a blade piercing into his ears. Gudrun woke up as well. "What is that terrible noise?" Elendil immediately got up from bed and dressed himself in a rush only equipping his tunic and his blade Nasil. "Damn... It is Mordor. They have responded..." Elendil rushes for his hall...

View user profile http://www.imperialmovement.com/forums/index.php

3 Re: Creature in the sky on Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:47 am

Vraal

RP Grandmaster
RP Grandmaster
From above the nazgûl could see the humans swarming the streets staring at him. He wondered what sort of things they must be saying. They had no doubt heard about the victory in Osgiliath, but what must they think now? Now that they see him flying overhead?

View user profile

4 Re: Creature in the sky on Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:51 am

Elendil

RP Grandmaster
RP Grandmaster
Elendil's sense had come true it seemed. "Damn... something bad happened at Osgiliath. I know it." Mordor wouldn't be knocking on his doorstep. He needed to find Pierre and Ardore and the elf if he could. He could put them to use...

Last edited by Elendil on Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

5 Re: Creature in the sky on Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:00 am

Elendil

RP Grandmaster
RP Grandmaster
Elendil ran toward the Guard House. His men were preparing their armor and weapons for battle. Elendil burst in. "A nazgul is here. Ready the Archers! We can't let him continue any longer!"

6 Re: Creature in the sky on Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:03 am

Vraal

RP Grandmaster
RP Grandmaster
The Nazûl gave a mocking laugh as he watched the humans below run around like ants in an anthill. He could see soldiers preparing for battle. Ingrates he said to himself. He knew they could not reach him with any weapon of war.

View user profile

7 Re: Creature in the sky on Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:11 am

Darthwarth

Footsoldier
Footsoldier
Ardore came out of the tavern only to be welcome by a ungodly sound. "God damm it i never get a break" "i have to find the leader" Ardore traveled looking for that leader..... The leader who would lead him to victory.

View user profile

8 Re: Creature in the sky on Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:22 am

SimplePlan

Footsoldier
Footsoldier
"Fools..arrows cannot reach the Nazgul" Janos muttered.

"How bout' a catapult" Pierre asked the veteran

"Too inaccurate.."

"Damn it!"

The WichHunters were already ready for battle. Pierre could see it. Time to find Elendil, ask him for orders. Pierre ran to a guard and asked him of Elendil's whereabouts. Janos accompanied him, relaying instructions to the 2nd in command of WitchHunters. THe guard told Pierre the steward is in the guard house. Pierre ran there, burst open the door and asked Elendil. " Your orders, My Lord?"

View user profile

9 Re: Creature in the sky on Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:28 am

Elendil

RP Grandmaster
RP Grandmaster
Elendil turned towards Pierre and his men. "Thank the White Tree you have arrived! I have set the Archers in position, but I know the arrows won't reach the nazgul. They are filthy creatures. I need to come up with something... any ideas?" Elendil turned toward them with a look of anxiety strewn upon his face...

10 Re: Creature in the sky on Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:56 am

SimplePlan

Footsoldier
Footsoldier
"We're coming up with a few..."Janos said
"How bout a catapult??" Pierre inquired,again.
Janos just stared at Pierre.
"My lord, the suggestion Pierre just made, is very risky.A catapult would be too unaccurate...but that's your choice...."
"Its worth a shot...m'lord." Pierre said
"Might be, might not be" Janos frowns, still not confident of Pierre's plan.

View user profile

11 Re: Creature in the sky on Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:33 am

SimplePlan

Footsoldier
Footsoldier
Suddenly Pierre face lit up. "Thats it! I know what are we gonna do!"
Janos and Elendil look at Pierre hopefully to solve this Nazgul problem.
"A Balista! A Huge Chunk of rock from a catapult may be unaccurate, but a Balista! That would work !"
Pierre looked at Elendil , ready to receive orders

View user profile

12 Re: Creature in the sky on Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:18 am

Eluthain

Initiate
Initiate
Eluthain woke up from the screeching sound of the nazgül and quickly came to his senses 'What? A nazgül? By the Valar... It has begun' He gathered his belongings and headed towards a guard. 'Guardsman, has the steward arrived yet?' The guardsman quickly said 'At the guardhouse, help if you can!'. The elf ran in a full sprint towards the guardhouse, storming the door. The people who were inside all looked at Eluthain. Eluthain's look was one of shyness 'eh... Sorry about that' he looked at the people, seeing the steward with them. 'Lord Elendil, i'm Eluthain. I have orders of the lady to help you against the coming darkness... One who'd began to spread here just moments ago it seems...' After hearing more screams of the Nazgül he said 'That being said, we need to stop this fiend'...

View user profile

13 Re: Creature in the sky on Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:25 pm

Elendil

RP Grandmaster
RP Grandmaster
Elendil looked at Eluthain with great respect. The elves had always been a wise and majestic people. But he hadn't the time. He looked at Pierre. "A ballista? I don't know for certain... but I cannot let the Nazgul threaten my city." Elendil looked at the elf. "Eluthain, is there anything you can think of?" Elendil needed to be given ideas before making a decision...

14 Re: Creature in the sky on Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:25 am

Vraal

RP Grandmaster
RP Grandmaster
The Nazûl directed the beast to dive towards the town, it dove within feet of the heads of soldiers on the walls. They dove in all directions for cover. A few arrows hit the fell beast, causing no real damage. The beast returned to its previous height and continued circling.

Last edited by Vraal on Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:51 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

15 Re: Creature in the sky on Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:37 am

SimplePlan

Footsoldier
Footsoldier
"Balista!That's the only plan i can think off"Pierre said, His youthfulness back.

View user profile

16 Re: Creature in the sky on Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:49 am

Eluthain

Initiate
Initiate
Eluthain touched his temple and said 'Pierre, you and your friends are witchhunters right? The ballista is a good idea, but the projectile MUST concist of pure silver' He saw looks of confusion and said 'Silver is the best way to hurt dark creatures' He looked at Elendil 'Its our only chance, its that or panic and disorder in the streets' He looked around and saw a bow. 'Its best if you guys execute a plan right now! If you'll excuse me, i'll give you guys some more time' He picked up the bow and some arrows and headed back outside to fight the ringwraith...

View user profile

17 Re: Creature in the sky on Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:39 am

SimplePlan

Footsoldier
Footsoldier
As Eluthain is going out,Pierre said, "Dear,Elf I'm not WitchHunter, my dear friend Janos here is leading them , but they follow me indirectly."

Pierre nodded to Janos, as Janos went out to order the WitchHunters to try to somehow strike the Nazgul from the air with whatever ranged weapons they have or could find.It wasn't much, but at least it's something.

Pierre shrugged at Elendil and said "It's worth a shot, a ballista with a silver projectile. Do you have a silver projectile, m'lord?"

View user profile

18 Re: Creature in the sky on Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:27 am

Eluthain

Initiate
Initiate
Eluthain ran to the walls, trying to get high enough. There it was, the Nazgül flew right above him. 'Hey fiend!' Eluthain shouted 'Try and face me you foul coward!' It didn't take long before the creature flew right at him. The fell beast opened its filthy mouth and Eluthain fired, only resulting in a flesh wound. The beast went into a rage and picked Eluthain's left arm with its claws. Eluthain shouted in agony, the fell beasts claw went into Eluthain's arm 'BASTARD!' He yelled.

He unsheathed Halmdril and began to stab the creature. 'Damn! Its no use... But at least i'm distracting it' The creature tried to shake Eluthain off. 'For Valar's sake! Be quick with the balista! i think i'm gonna pu...' Eluthain puked 'Urgh... I hate flying'...

View user profile

19 Re: Creature in the sky on Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:26 pm

Vraal

RP Grandmaster
RP Grandmaster
The Nazgûl turned, he saw the elf hanging from the Fell Beast. "Fool" He hissed. He pulled his vicious long blade and slashed at the elf who lost his handhold and fell to the wall five feet below. The Nazgûl ordered the creature to return to the air and not dive back down under any circumstances.

View user profile

20 Re: Creature in the sky on Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:37 pm

Eluthain

Initiate
Initiate
Eluthain stood up, dazed of the fall. He looked at his arm, open from the wounds he got. He touched his arm and said 'Eliàn' The wound was largely healed and thus Eluthain continued to hunt the beast. Eluthain ran for higher ground. 'i have to do something...' He looked at his enviroment, seeing what Pierre could use... A silver stave. Eluthain took the stave and went back to the guardhouse.

Eluthain got inside, seeing Pierre and Elendil inside 'Humans, i've got a silver stave! We only have one shot at this... is the balista ready?'...

View user profile

21 Re: Creature in the sky on Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:06 pm

Elendil

RP Grandmaster
RP Grandmaster
Elendil looked at elf with pleasing eyes. "Men! Prepare the ballista! We will take this creature of darkness away from our city." Elendil then looked at the elf once again. "The ballista is prepared... do what you must." Elendil then ran outside with Basil and drew an arrow and shot, only for the arrow to fly right past the beast.

22 Re: Creature in the sky on Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:49 pm

Darthwarth

Footsoldier
Footsoldier
Ardore ran to the Stwarded "Finely i have found you" He siad puffing "Did i miss much of the fun" Ardore smiled

View user profile

23 Re: Creature in the sky on Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:44 am

Vraal

RP Grandmaster
RP Grandmaster
The Nazûl stared down at the weak humans below, sneering at their inability to do anything to him or the fell beast. He was scanning the walls when he saw something he had not expected, a ballista was being pulled out onto the walls. He saw it prepped and ammunition loaded onto the draw string. The large arrow glittered in the torch light. "That is no arrow" The Nazgûl hissed. He ordered the fell beast to bank right just as the object flew past. The Nazgûl let out one final ear piercing screech and turned the fell beast around. Returning to Mordor.

View user profile

24 Re: Creature in the sky on Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:33 am

SimplePlan

Footsoldier
Footsoldier
"Serve that bastard right!That deserves a round of ale!" Pierre cries.

Pierre and Janos went to assemble the WitchHunters, to prepare for any counterattack by the forces of Mordor.

View user profile

25 Re: Creature in the sky on Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:56 am

Eluthain

Initiate
Initiate
Eluthain smiled at Pierre 'Heh, humans are not too bad after all' he thought. He then went to the citadel, the Stewards chamber. Whilst on his way he saw hope in the peoples eyes. 'Hope... Embrace it for as long as you can... I fear you'll need it'. After some time he arrived at the citadel. He aproached a guard and said 'Guardsman, i request an audience with the steward' The guard nodded and replied 'Wait here, sir elf' The guard left off. Behind Eluthain were soldiers, looking at him. 'Its Eluthain the dauntless... We owe him a lot' Eluthain looked at the soldiers 'Dauntless? I just did what i had to do' The soldier smiled 'You saved some lives, sir elf. We owe you' Eluthain smiled
'What is your name, soldier?' 'Wulf, sir' The elf came closer, reaching his hand 'It was a pleasure to help' The two shook hands...

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum