Free Lord of the Rings Forum Roleplay

Welcome to the forums, enjoy your stay and tell your friends!
Check out the new character sheets! It's is currently in beta, go to the feedback section for questions and comments!
Join us in chat! Click "Login" in the chat box window above the forum categories!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Arrival at Minas Tirith

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Arrival at Minas Tirith on Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:21 pm

Elendil

RP Grandmaster
RP Grandmaster
Elendil could smell it, feel it, sense it as he could breathe it. Something was off, he felt as though something terrible had happened. He glanced over at his army and at Pierre to make sure they were safe. He felt as though Sauron himself could approach at any moment. He would die for his men in a heartbeat if that were to happen.

A few hours later, they had finally reached the gates of Minas Tirith. They were home. His men were home and could finally see their families again. Elendil looked up at the gates, and saw one of the Gate Watchers run toward the device that would open the gate. "The Steward is here! The Steward is here!" Elendil heard everyone quickly approaching the gates to see their victorious Steward. Elendil then felt the child awaken. "Are we here? Is my mommy here?" Elendil smiled with a hint of sarcasm. "Yes we are home little one... we are home..." The gates were opening with the sounds of milliions cheering. Elendil's men were in turn as happy as can be, all with smiles in their war-strewn faces. Elendil and his men rode through the gates and the sight beheld them with great respect. The entire city had apparently heard of the victory, the glory they had won. Elendil waved at his people who in turn threw flowers upon him. It smelled like the dew of the morning air.

The people were so happy to see their Steward and his army alive and victorious. For it was the only hope they could muster thus far in these dark times. Elendil dismounted his tired horse, patted him on the head and approached the boy. "Come on... your mommy is here to see you. She will certainly be happy to see you little one." The boy frantically leaped on the Steward as happy as can be. He walked towards Pierre. "Pierre... make yourself home in my hall. I will shortly meet any visitors there. I need to return the boy to his mother." Pierre bowed with the upmost approval. Elendil walked off with the boy in hand to search for the mother. It was surely a happy day thus far, but Elendil could not still shake that feeling off of him. He dismissed it... at least for now...

View user profile http://www.imperialmovement.com/forums/index.php

2 Re: Arrival at Minas Tirith on Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:44 pm

SimplePlan

Footsoldier
Footsoldier
"Yes, M'Lord!" . However, Pierre didn't went directly to the Steward's hall.He gotta take care of business first. He went to the tavern, ordered a mug of ale and went to a few guys that were talking loudly, almost shouting,drunk. "Hello, Janos."

"Why,if it isn't ol'Pierre himself." Janos muttered. His mercenary band were clearly drunk, but Janos won't get drunk easily.

"I need your mercenary band, it will help against the armies of mordor" .Pierre knew Janos's band, the WitchHunters is an excellent mercenary party. All of them specialize in different melee weapons, from axes to warhammers.

"What?Mordor? Are you mad? Maybe you're drunk!My mercenary band hadn't fought in months.." Janos laughed.

Pierre did something unexpected, he took a cup of water from another table and splashed it in Janos's face. Janos roared but got restrained by Pierre.
"I Need it now! Why do you think I came to you? Coz' your my comrade, we travelled together before, now I can see your WitchHunters are close to retirement. Do this one last thing, and maybe you will rise in fame, just like me. Then you and your band can get anything you want. Cash, women, beer. Anything. "

Janos stood there , thinking. After a long silence . " Alright,alright. Damn you, Pierre. We will fight for ya' .so long you don't abandon us, it's been a long time since we fought, but we're still good. "

Janos ordered his men to wash themselves and prepared to move out.Then , Janos accompanied Pierre to Elendil, The Steward of Gondor's hall....

View user profile

3 Re: Arrival at Minas Tirith on Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:04 pm

Elendil

RP Grandmaster
RP Grandmaster
Elendil walked about finding the mother, asking the boy where she was located along the way. "Where exactly is she located little one?" The boy shrugged. "I am not really sure. I think she's over there" The boy had pointed to the Southern Guard House. Elendil chuckled and almost choked as a result. "Haha child... I am sure that isn't it. Are you playing with me little one? Because I have important matters to attend to. Just then, a frantic women ran about towards them. "My son! My son! Where in the White Tree have you been? I've been worried sick!" She hugs her son closely as though he were to slip from her grasp at any moment. Elendil smiled, happy for the woman. The woman gently let her son down and looked at Elendil with the upmost sincerity in her eyes. "My lord... you are truly kind and just... for you have brought my son, who I deemed dead, back to me. I cannot thank you enough my lord! I will serve you for all my life..." She started crying with joy and bowed to Elendil. Elendil walked up to her and brought her up. "You shall not do anything of the sort. Live your life... and raise your son well... I promise to visit from time to time." The mother was shocked at Elendil's kind words. "My lord? You needn't do that. I am not worthy or your presence... I am a simple woman..." Elendil shook his head. "No... you are the mother of this child and forevermore..." Elendil then bowed on his two knees as though he were bowing to a king. The woman, shocked to the core, thanked the Steward. "You are welcome in my home till' the end of times. Thank you my kindest lord." Elendil got himself back up and looked at the boy. "I will miss you little one. I shall be seeing you again, I promise on my life." He hugged the child with the utmost love as though he were hugging Eldarion himself. The boy hugged him back with the same amount of love. And with that, Elendil went onward to his Hall to meet the visitors who arrived at his kingdom...

4 Re: Arrival at Minas Tirith on Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:56 pm

SimplePlan

Footsoldier
Footsoldier
"What'ya staring at, Janos?"

"Wow, is this really the hall of the steward, so huge...Ye lucky bastard,ye know that?"

Pierre stared at Janos and laughed.Janos was an old friend. During one of his travels, it's Janos and the WitchHunters that saved him from a large band of orcs. Pierre in turn saved Janos once too. Janos was a burly man, muscular but like Pierre, his tactical sense is next to nothing.Didn't matter, as long as they know how to fight.

"Where is that steward, Pierre?"

"On his way here,I guess. Either way, lets sit in the guest's chair while waiting."

Both of them sat down, while waiting for Elendil, the steward of Gondor.

View user profile

5 Re: Arrival at Minas Tirith on Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:13 pm

Elendil

RP Grandmaster
RP Grandmaster
Elendil arrived at the Grand Entrance to his Hall. He was immediately greeted by one of the Citadel Guard. "Mi'lord! A few visitors have arrived while you were away to meet you personally. They wish to serve you to counter the threat Mordor poses. There has been talk of an elf here as well." The Guardsman bowed and stepped aside for the Steward. "Haha... seems everyone forgets about Isengard and the Goblins... very well... I shall meet these visitors." Elendil then walks into his Hall, where he stumbles upon great warriors of the land...

Elendil bows...

6 Re: Arrival at Minas Tirith on Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:26 pm

SimplePlan

Footsoldier
Footsoldier
Seeing Elendil, both Pierre and Janos bows back.

"Pierre Bouvier, from Anfalas at your service.We already met though.This is Janos" gesturing at Janos. "Janos Eisenberg. Leader of the WitchHunters, under my employ."

"Janos...uh...Eisenberg, at your service,sir,hailing from....from...Minas Tirith."

They both stared at Elendil, waiting for his words.

View user profile

7 Re: Arrival at Minas Tirith on Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:32 pm

Elendil

RP Grandmaster
RP Grandmaster
Elendil looks upon Janos. He seemed like a veteran warrior. "Haha... how come I have never heard of you Janos? If you lead a Mercenary Band... I would have heard. Forgive my ignorance. So I hear you wish to fight for me? I would like to see your combat skills before I make my decision... tell you what... are you up for a spar? I warn you though, I know my way around Nasil, the finest weapon in Gondor, and am very skilled in the arts of combat. Would you be up for one? I'll go easy..."

Elendil gestures to a clearing in the Hall where they could spar momentarily...

8 Re: Arrival at Minas Tirith on Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:37 pm

SimplePlan

Footsoldier
Footsoldier
Janos smiled.A spar,after drinking ale and one on one. His favorite type of match. He said " Hold on, let me get my weapon from the guard.Somehow he thinks that I'm an assasin." He went out, 5 minutes later he went back in. This time he went back in with a halberd.

"This is Grimtooth, my Halberd. Killed tons of orcs, goblins and even a handful of Uruk-hai." Janos then raises his Halberd in a defensive position.

Pierre stared at both of them. Disappointed that he could not spar with the steward.

View user profile

9 Re: Arrival at Minas Tirith on Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:49 pm

Elendil

RP Grandmaster
RP Grandmaster
Elendil smiles. He saw Janos as a worthy sparring opponent. "Pierre, you'll spar me next." Elendil then unsheathes Nasil and takes his offensive stance. Elendil then, with the help of his necklace given to him by an elf, charged swiftly at Janos. Elendil swung toward Janos head-on, meeting him blow for blow. Elendil then quickly slid to the right of Janos and swung toward Jano's legs. Janos jumped up and avoided the blow. Elendil got back up. "Hahaha... I see that you can fight well... your turn now..." Elendil takes his defensive position...

10 Re: Arrival at Minas Tirith on Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:56 pm

SimplePlan

Footsoldier
Footsoldier
Janos smiled then charged. He used the tip of the spike as a spear, stabbing at Elendil. However, Elendil expertly deflected the spike with Nasil. Moving back , Janos charge once again, this time, he uses the axe blade of his halberd , swinging it towards Elendil. Elendil still manages to dodge the halberd. After a flury of blows exchanged for a long time, Janos finally makes his mistake, trying to deflect Nasil's Strike, Grimtooth clattered to the floor.

Breathing Heavily, Janos said " I lost, wow, you're such a great fighter. Hadn't been bested in a long time" Janos laughed.

View user profile

11 Re: Arrival at Minas Tirith on Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:01 pm

Elendil

RP Grandmaster
RP Grandmaster
Elendil sheathed Nasil like a wolf abandons his prey. "Hahahaha... I am not the Steward of Gondor for nothing. You are a pretty good fighter yourself. I can put you and your men to good use." The Steward turns toward Pierre. "Don't be afraid mate... I will try to go easy..."

Elendil waits for Pierre's response...

12 Re: Arrival at Minas Tirith on Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:07 pm

SimplePlan

Footsoldier
Footsoldier
Pierre smirked. This was the chance to prove himself to the Steward as his bodyguard. "I'm not called Lion of Anfalas for nothing."

When both of them are ready, Pierre charged first, using both sides of his double headed axe to his advantage, swinging it towards Elendil. Elendil managed to deflect the blows but it kept coming and coming. His grasp of GoodNight was good, really good.Finally he moved back, letting Elendil's turn to charge.

View user profile

13 Re: Arrival at Minas Tirith on Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:12 pm

Elendil

RP Grandmaster
RP Grandmaster
Elendil saw Pierre's skill was true indeed. But it was not enough to best Elendil, for he was only going easy on Pierre. So Elendil swung upwards then went back to his stance only to swing around Pierre twice, which confused Pierre, and then he grabbed GoodNight from Pierre's cold hands and then he pushed Pierre lightly on the floor.

Elendil, with GoodNight in hand, waited for Pierre's response...

14 Re: Arrival at Minas Tirith on Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:18 pm

SimplePlan

Footsoldier
Footsoldier
Strangely, Pierre haven't yield. He got up , and did a stance.Apparently, Pierre knows martial arts. Charging, he managed to dodge GoodNight and punched Elendil in the stomach. Not enough to make him fall, but enough to push him back and regain control of GoodNight.

Elendil was suprised but go into a guard stance with Nasil. Pierre did the same with GoodNight. However, Pierre said " Surely, you are the best fighter I ever seen. I know I couldn't defeat you even though I attacked again. "

Pierre bowed "It's been an honour to fight you , Elendil, Steward of Gondor. I hope to be your bodyguard, but I can see that you don't need one"

View user profile

15 Re: Arrival at Minas Tirith on Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:25 pm

Elendil

RP Grandmaster
RP Grandmaster
"Hahahaha... apparently you know what to do once your weapon has been taken from you. Don't say that... you and Janos as well as his men will accompany me for awhile. That is an order. Now if you will excuse me, I will visit my wife. I miss her scent and beautiful self. Feel free to help yourself to what you need."

Elendil bowed to them both and then left the Hall, walking to his quarters...

16 Re: Arrival at Minas Tirith on Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:43 pm

SimplePlan

Footsoldier
Footsoldier
"Yes , SIr" Both men said.

Pierre stared at Janos, Janos stared back. They burst out laughing. "To The Taverns!"

Soon, all of them got drunk on ale even Janos.Barrels were opened. Mugs were passed around. Ale flowed like water.........

View user profile

17 Re: Arrival at Minas Tirith on Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:52 pm

Elendil

RP Grandmaster
RP Grandmaster
Elendil walked up to the door of his chambers. He pressed his ear against the wooden door. He could hear her... the most beautiful woman in all of Gondor. Elendil wouldn't give her up, even for an elf. He thought about how she would respond.

Elendil opened the door to his chambers...

18 Re: Arrival at Minas Tirith on Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:10 pm

Elendil

RP Grandmaster
RP Grandmaster
Elendil smelled that beautiful scent once he entered. That scent of sweet pine... he relished it. Gudrun saw him coming from the reflection of the nearby window. He immediately turned and ran at the Steward. They hugged as tight as mountain to mountain. Words weren't enough to describe their affection for each other. None of them spoke a word...

19 Re: Arrival at Minas Tirith on Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:14 pm

SimplePlan

Footsoldier
Footsoldier
In the tavern, it was very late at night. Everyone who had not leave yet, is either already drunk or halfway going there. The barkeep had already retired for the night.The tavern was pitch black. Pierre, Janos and the WitchHunters were drunk.....

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum