Free Lord of the Rings Forum Roleplay

Welcome to the forums, enjoy your stay and tell your friends!
Check out the new character sheets! It's is currently in beta, go to the feedback section for questions and comments!
Join us in chat! Click "Login" in the chat box window above the forum categories!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Falls of Rauros, Elven Camp

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Falls of Rauros, Elven Camp on Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:36 am

This camp does not need a fortification. The hills surrounding it are a fortification themselves. Yet, the elves are well hidden. Save perhaps a nazgul, you could not see them hidden in the forest, and even a nazgul would find it very hard to spot elves in the forest. The elves are deep in the forest, laying in ambush. Elrohir has regularly ordered scouts to gather intel from the surrounding areas, but nothing important has yet popped up, until now.

Gilrain sighted the plains ahead with Calion.

"Hey, what's that dust rising in the horizon.. can you see it?"

Calion nodded.

"I can. Just cannot come up what it may be..."

"Send the scouts?"

Calion nodded again.

"Rúmil! I need you to scout that area ahead with a few elves. Take some you trust with you."

Rúmil nodded and ran away, with three elves following him.

The Scouting

Rúmil ran silently by the forest's edge, just out of sight but so that he could see through the trees. He was looking for a good place to hide and watch, and soon he found one. He ordered each of his men to climb a tree, and soon all four were sitting on a tree with a clear view to the plains ahead but with low visibility to them, since they merged perfectly with the background due to their armour. The plains also were so big that they could see the whatever thing the dust is, but they could not see them unless they would know that the elves were there.

"Aeldor! Can you see anything?", Rúmil whispered to the elf sitting on a tree next to him.

"I still see just some dust.."

Rúmil nodded, and turned to an elf who was sitting on a tree on his left side.

"Celenú, drop down and get ready to run back. When we can see what's ahead, you aregoing to run and tell them what it is. We'll follow after we have gathered better intel."

The elf whose name was Celenú jumped down from his tree and hid in the bushes, ready to spring up and run.

View user profile

2 Re: Falls of Rauros, Elven Camp on Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:54 am

Vraal

RP Grandmaster
RP Grandmaster
A Uruk-Hai scout emerged from the treeline, scanning the area for any sign of movement. He saw nothing, he heard nothing, but something just wasn't quite right. He sniffed the air, but the wind was coming from the direction of the army, all he could smell was Uruk-Hai and dust. He turned around and walked back into the woods.

View user profile

3 Re: Falls of Rauros, Elven Camp on Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:00 am

Rúmil heard the pounding of heavy uruk-hai iron boots. He ordered his men to be silent, and watched when the uruk walked by them and disappeared. When he was sure the scout was gone, he hissed to Celenú:

"Run, tell them Mordor is here!"

Celenú began running like his life was depending on it, by the woods and towards the elven camp.

View user profile

4 Re: Falls of Rauros, Elven Camp on Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:07 am

Vraal

RP Grandmaster
RP Grandmaster
Vraal's scouts had seen no sign of the elves. Vraal was not surprised, he knew the elves were very elusive and would be almost impossible to find if they didn't want to be found. Vraal ordered his men to halt and setup camp. "Alright listen up, we are being watched. The elves are smart, and very elusive, I have no doubt that they have eyes watching us right now. I want us to set up camp. I want to start fires, put up your tents and begin to cook. We will have 4 guards roaming the camp, and 75 warriors in the camp looking busy. The rest will remain in the tents prepared for a fight. My hope is that the elves will think us vulnerable and attack. If they do, we will be able to catch them off guard."

As Vraal finished his speech, the work began. The camp was finished in less than an hour, and the plan was set in motion.

View user profile

5 Re: Falls of Rauros, Elven Camp on Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:27 am

Celenú reached the camp, and found Elrohir, who was with Gilrain and Elladan. Calion arrived exhausted to listen the report.

"Mordor is here. Rúmil will soon arrive with more intel."

And indeed, one galadhrim arrived, stating his name was Aeldor.

"We first saw an uruk scout, and we let him pass by to avoid getting caught. Later on, we saw several hundred of them setting up a camp. We counted them from afar, and it seemed they had at least two hundred warriors. They settled on those plains, made a camp and everything. And... we saw a very big uruk. Seemingly their leader."

Elrohir reacted first.

"Should we attack? Their camp must be lightly guarded."

Gilrain protested, while Elladan and Calion stayed neutral.

"We shouldn't go to the open just yet. We must be sure that they are indeed off guard. And i don't think so, because why would they have came here if not for us? Surely someone has heard of our deeds. And now they have sent someone to kill us. Not so easy, say I."

Calion began talking in support of this:

"We should be wary. Many times have our kindred been butchered because of hastiness. Remember Nirnaeth Arnoediad! Remember our fallen kindred there, only because of one hasty soul. We should not let the enemy trick us: they are cunning, but we are more cunning than them."

Elrohir nodded, and smiled.

"Good to have such elves with me now. Wise words from wise souls, and the fire living in me is perhaps too hot. But we will stay. Actually, i have an idea. How well-protected is their camp?"

Aeldor answered quickly and clearly with his slightly high voice.

"Only tents. One big leader's tent, which has a wooden roof."

Elrohir smiled.

"Perfect. I believe the distance is short enough for our bows to shoot at the camp?"

Aeldor smiled, and said:

"Yes, I believe so if shot from the treeline."

Elrohir turned to Calion and Gilrain.

"Calion, order your men to the treeline and tell them to ready their bows. Gilrain, order your noldor behind Calion's troops, and tell them to lay in ambush incase they try to charge us."

Calion and Gilrain nodded, and ran to organize their troops.

View user profile

6 Re: Falls of Rauros, Elven Camp on Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:28 am

The Attack

Calion's troops were at the treeline, almost sightable but just out of it, ready to run up and shoot at the camp. Gilrain's force was behind them, the back lines swords drawn and the front lines bows ready.

Calion shouted his order:

"Go!"

The elves ran quickly, and in two seconds they were aiming at the camp. 80 elves, ready to shoot.

"Bows draw!"

The elves drawed their bows.

"Release!"

They released their arrows, unleashing 80 arrows towards the tents. The elves heard cursing and screaming, and Calion shouted again:

"Bows draw!"

The elves drawed their bows again, quickly and accurately.

"Release!"

And another 80 arrows were released towards the camp.

"Back!", shouted Calion, and the elves retreated through the trees back in to the forest, hoping to have dealed as much damage as possible.

View user profile

7 Re: Falls of Rauros, Elven Camp on Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:37 pm

Darthwarth

Footsoldier
Footsoldier
Grazzard heard the sound of arrows realseasing. this was those damn elfs. Maybe he should wait for Varrl before he attacked with his heavly armoured trolls and troops. "Varrl WE ARE UNDER ATTACK!"

View user profile

8 Re: Falls of Rauros, Elven Camp on Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:21 pm

Vraal

RP Grandmaster
RP Grandmaster
Vraal heard the whizzing of arrows and knew immediately he had set up his trap too close to the treeline. Vraal sprang for his shield and held it up just as 3 arrows flew through the sides of his tent. One landed on either side of him, the third hit his shield right where his face had been. He headed outside to see what the damage is when another arrow hit the ground in front of him. He quickly put his shield up just as another volley of arrows engulfed the camp. Five arrows stuck out of his shield when he stood up. He grabbed the closest Uruk, "Gather the troops, abandon the camp, we will enter the forest, but not here. We are going to head back the way we came. Make the elves think we left. We will use the cover of darkness." "Yes, Vraal." "And find me Grazzak! Tell him I must speak to him!"

View user profile

9 Re: Falls of Rauros, Elven Camp on Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:35 pm

Elrohir smiled when he saw the destruction unleashed. Dozens of uruks were shot, but they still numbered more than 200.

"Worked better than I expected..."

Suddenly, another elf ran from the forest, stating his name was Rúmil.

"I have returned with urgent news! The uruks are leaving. Rívain stayed to keep an eye on them. I think we must send more scouts to follow them."

Suddenly, Gilrain emerged from the forest with a few noldor.

"Lord, I think we should do it. Also, this camp here isn't safe anymore. Any moment they may discover it, if haven't already. We must move it elsewhere, and move our troops elsewhere. I think that we should move towards the river. There are lots of wooded areas there."

Elrohir shook his head, and Elladan answered:

"Gilrain, that is a good plan, but we shouldn't do it. This is a strong position. If they are leaving and we scout them actively, they can do nothing which we will not hear of."

Gilrain lowered his voice.

"They can do something we cannot stop.. for example burn this forest down? If they find a place far away from here, they can chop down some firewood and burn this whole place up before we even know. The position I'm talking about is just as good as this, just nearer to the river. We can still have troops around here."

Finally Elrohir answered with a soft tone:

"That is true. But we can move further towards them. We are more numerous than them, and we can also stop any possible firemaking attempts, too."

Finally, Gilrain lowered his head and bowed slightly. This ment that they had reached an agreement.

"I and Calion will move there with our troops first, followed by your troops close behind. And remember to scout every side of this forest."

Calion sent two groups consisting of 10 elven scouts each to scout the woods. At the same time, Gilrain began walking with his troops in the forest, closely followed by Calion.

Last edited by Gilrain Ialdhan on Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

10 Re: Falls of Rauros, Elven Camp on Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:46 pm

Darthwarth

Footsoldier
Footsoldier
Grazzard found Varral and asked what he wanted as two arrows flyed by him nearly hiting his ear "FUCK" i heard the command lets get going" Grazzard kept his head down. "as arrows flew like rains apon him"

View user profile

11 Re: Falls of Rauros, Elven Camp on Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:37 am

Vraal

RP Grandmaster
RP Grandmaster
The arrows ceased flying into the camp and Vraal's orders were put into motion. "Stay out of the trees and away from the forest!" Vraal bellowed in orcish. "They will not be able to keep their scouts hidden if they don't have trees to hid behind." He turned to Grazzak, "I have a special mission for you, when we are well away from the forest and away from elven eyes I want you to break off from our company and go the other way. If we have them surrounded we have a better chance of killing them." "Will you do it?"

View user profile

12 Re: Falls of Rauros, Elven Camp on Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:42 am

Darthwarth

Footsoldier
Footsoldier
"If it means killing elfs.... yes" Garzzard looked over near the trees "blood will be ours" he smiled "lets move" Then a arrow hit Grazzards foot "Son of a bitch" " I am going to kill those elfs"

View user profile

13 Re: Falls of Rauros, Elven Camp on Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:47 am

Vraal

RP Grandmaster
RP Grandmaster
"Alright, lets go." Vraal and his men moved out with Grazzak in tow. "Remember Grazzak, don't break off until I say." They walked for quite a few miles into the open plains until the forest was dwindling from sight. "Alright Grazzak, now, go, but stay in the open away from the trees. Do not let their scouts see you."

View user profile

14 Re: Falls of Rauros, Elven Camp on Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:52 am

Darthwarth

Footsoldier
Footsoldier
"Okay i will lead my orcs and dont worry about there scouts they might still be distacted by the attack but... maybe i need a distaction" Grazzard thourght for a moment. "A fire a fire is what we need they will be to busy to scout for us and will go invstergate the fire to find us there" Grazzard gestured to Vraal "what you think"

View user profile

15 Re: Falls of Rauros, Elven Camp on Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:05 am

At the same time, Gilrain and Calion took control of the northern parts of the wood, while Elladan takes the western and Elrohir the eastern sides. They send scouts and guards to other parts of the woods, too, including a token garrison of 40 elves to the southern parts of the wood. In total, there are around 170 elves in then northern woods, and around 135 each in the eastern and western parts. They have set up a large scouting network.

Gilrain sigthed Calion going somewhere, and interrupted him.

"There they are, we can see them from here. What do you think, should we try to snipe a couple?"

Calion smiled.

"Galadhrim! Come. We are going to kill a couple of orcs."

17 Galadhrim elite archers, Gilrain and Calion ran to the treeline, remaining camouflaged when they stood by the trees and bushes. Gilrain drawed the string of his bow to it's extreme angle.

"Aim well.. we are going to kill as many of them as we can now."

Gilrain ordered "Release!", and 19 arrows flew straight towards the orcs, glittering of their owners's hatred.

Gilrain saw his arrow hit a large uruk to his back, and he saw the confusion spread when several more arrows hit the uruks. One arrow pierced the head of an uruk, killing it instantly, some missed but most arrows scored hits and injured the uruks.

"Ready...Release!"

Gilrain's arrow pierced another head, and again many uruks were hit to their backs, but this time most of the arrows flew over the enemies's heads or hit their legs covered by iron boots, the arrows pierced the boots with ease, but the arrows broke from the impact, and those which didn't break at the first impact were stuck on the leather padding under the boots.

View user profile

16 Re: Falls of Rauros, Elven Camp on Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:00 pm

Vraal

RP Grandmaster
RP Grandmaster
"Good idea" Vraal replied. "Start a fire first, that will make for a good distraction. Vraal then turned and led his company away from the forest.

View user profile

17 Re: Falls of Rauros, Elven Camp on Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:14 pm

Darthwarth

Footsoldier
Footsoldier
Soon as Grazzard lit the fire he made his way to where he was told. THen he siad to himself "no shame in following" he siad as he started to follow Vraals orders. "Soon i shall make the elfs eat there arrows" Grazzard smiled to himself as his orcs made there way to the location.

View user profile

18 Re: Falls of Rauros, Elven Camp on Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:32 pm

Meanwhile, a scout reaches Elrohir..

"A band of orcs and trolls has been sighted. They carry fire with them - further northwest."

Elrohir smiled.

"Take 50 elves and guard the area. Kill the trolls first, if they are charging you or trying to go in the forest."

View user profile

19 Re: Falls of Rauros, Elven Camp on Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:30 am

Darthwarth

Footsoldier
Footsoldier
Grazzards orcs could smell the elfs "Foolish elfs thinking that they can take on my army." "break a small part of the force off maybe a few trolls for them to attack. " if they attack i will go around a kill all of them." " he told the orcs his plan he told the troll master " make sure they see you depart" Grazzard smile to what was to come.

View user profile

20 Re: Falls of Rauros, Elven Camp on Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:09 am

Galion, the captain of the galadhrim arrived at the treeline. He sighted some trolls and orcs in the horizon.

A scout dropped from a tree behind him, and told Galion his report.

"Those guys broke off from their main party and seemed to charge towards us. They don't know where to charge, though. The rest of their force is barely sightable - we think they are trying to flank us."

Galion nodded, and sent the scout away to tell the news to the other leaders.

"Ready, elves. We're going to pop their eyes off."

They drew their bowstrings, ready to release arrows towards the heads of the trolls.

"Release."

50 arrows flew towards the orcs and trolls, and several trolls got hit in their eyes, necks and throats. Many orcs were wounded.

"Back in the forest."

The elves ran back, and Galion ordered another batch of scouts to the other sides of the forest to check on the enemy.

View user profile

21 Re: Falls of Rauros, Elven Camp on Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:31 am

Darthwarth

Footsoldier
Footsoldier
Grazzard larghed at the sight. Burn the place and move on the elfs will be craght by the fire if they stay in the forest and will have to fight us face to face". Grazzard starting burning the whole northwenst side of the forst and orded he fastest scouts to start a fire in the forest to block off all escpae. "COME GET ME ELFS".

View user profile

22 Re: Falls of Rauros, Elven Camp on Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:26 am

A few scouts spot the orcs who try to spread the fire. They immediately send a runner, and the other nine start shooting arrows at the orcs through the trees, almost unseen.

And meanwhile, the word reaches Elrohir. He immediately mobilizes his troops, and intends to gather the host.

Soon, when the fire began spreading and the smoke began rising, Gilrain, Calion, Elladan and Elrohir met at the eastern end of the forest, near the main party of uruks. The forces numbered 414 elves, ready for action.

Gilrain addressed his points to Elrohir and Elladan.

"We can take them by surprise. If we go on the open now, we can trap them and kill them before they can gather their forces."

Elrohir subjected to Gilrain's plan:

"It's risky. They have trolls."

"We can shoot them from distance. And we can always go in the forest again."

Elrohir sighed.

"Very well. Perhaps this brings a victory..."

Elrohir and Elladan gave orders to move out, and swiftly the host emerged from the forest, wearing their exotic armour and carrying the deadly elven warbows. They formed up followingly: Spearmen from Imladris to the front, and the rest to the back. There they stood, awaiting the enemy.

View user profile

23 Re: Falls of Rauros, Elven Camp on Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:10 am

Vraal

RP Grandmaster
RP Grandmaster
Vraal orders his troops to halt. From this distance it is hard to see what is going on near the forest. He hoped that Grazzak had made his move already, but he could not tell. From a distance he could see someone running towards his forces. He pulled his bow and drew the string back to his face, taking aim at the figure. He soon realized it was no elf, it was a Uruk-Hai, one if his scouts returning with a report. "What do you have for me?" Vraal demanded the scout as he approached. "Vraal, the Elves have left the forest, they stand just outside it, they definitely outnumber us." Vraal nodded. "Very well, we will let them make the first move, I'm not going to walk into a slaughter."

And so Vraal waited.

View user profile

24 Re: Falls of Rauros, Elven Camp on Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:43 pm

The Battle Begins

All the elves could clearly see the uruks with their sight, and they saw they were holding.

Gilrain walked up to Elrohir and Elladan, who were with the Imladris Spear - and swordsmen.

"Lord, we can advance and pepper them with arrows from within a safe distance. Our spears and swords can also best everything they have."

Elladan smiled his first smile of the day, and answered:

"Those are our plans, Gilrain. Our scouts report that they have a high orc chief with them, so just better if we slay him. I task your noldor with this mission."

Gilrain bowed.

"An honour, high lord. Our swords and bows will cut them down like leaves."

Gilrain backed off to organize his troops, and Calion arrived with his men.

"Lord, are we going to move soon? My men are restless, they want to get to shoot those orcs."

Elrohir didn't bother to smile when he answered.

"Yes, I will order our troops to march as soon as we have cleared the forest on our left. I task your men with this mission, go and clear the forest of any orc scouts or troops. There you can use your own wisdom to do the best you can, and if you see it fit you can re-emerge from the forest and strike a decisive blow."

Calion bowed, and ran off to his men. Soon, they saw him and 80 elven archers marching off to the forest. They first backed off so that they were sure they were out of sight, and then entered the forest. With skill and accuracy, they eliminated the scouts in the area silently, and then moved forwards. Calion ordered his elves to halt when at shooting range, and ordered guards to guard the area around his force. He ordered a runner to deliver the message of success to the commanders of the 1st Company.

He ran fastly and skillfully, being an experienced woodsman from Lórien, and he quickly reached the position of the main elven army.

"High Lord, our mission's a success. We are waiting at bow range for you to advance the forces. We are also on alert for those trolls."

Elrohir ordered the army to march. The elves from Imladris, swordsmen, spearmen and archers clad on heavy armour, began marching, while the even heavier-equipped yet lightly moving noldor were on their sides.

"Excellent."

View user profile

25 Re: Falls of Rauros, Elven Camp on Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:14 pm

Darthwarth

Footsoldier
Footsoldier
Grazzard knew they where comeing to get him "get ready for battle." "The Trolls are the key i want them to be defended. and have my most elite troops ready". There was a hill to the south of him away from the trees" And the sun was over there it would blind there archers. Even elfs have a hard time shooting with the sun in there eyes i think. (Sorry if this is godmoding i will change it if you like) and he waited for the elves to make there move.

Last edited by Darthwarth on Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum